There are two ways you can check the status of your application with IRCC, online and by phone. Unfortunately, you cannot currently check your VOS application status online.
Checking Your VOS Application Status Online
As of November 2016, you cannot currently check the status of your Verification of Status/Amendment application online. You can only check the processing time here. To get more information, you need to call IRCC directly.
Checking Your VOS Application Status by Phone
In order to check your application status, you should call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100. Make sure you have your Unique Client Identifier (UCI, which you can find on any correspondence from IRCC), or your application number.
- Dial 1-888-242-2100
- Stay on the line for English
- DO NOT press 1 for application status
- Press 3 for Verifying Status
- After listening to the message about how to apply for a VOS, press 0 to speak to a Call Centre agent.
Tip: This could take up to 45 minutes to 2 hours to get through to a live IRCC agent at the call center.
I sent my application to IRCC…
- Regular processing takes up to 6 months, and normal for your application showing up on the government system near the end (four to five and half months later).
- If it has been 8 months or more, and you did not get your VOS. You need to contact IRCC and find out why. If they do not see your application on the system, this is a 90% chance your application is lost, and you need to file a new application (even if IRCC call centre advises you to keep waiting, don’t!
Tip: If you landed in Canada before the early 80s, your record are mostly on microfiche in Ottawa, and finding your record can add 30% longer processing times.
I filed under urgent request, will I get it faster?
If your urgency is excepted, you should be getting your VOS within 2 to 8 weeks. If it has been over 2 months, it most likely mean your application was not excepted under the request of urgency, and will get process under regular filing.
I really need this document, what should I do?
You should a third party company like Immigroup. It will cost you more, but at least you know you will get it. Learn more about us, click here.
Fast, Easy with Support
Ask a Question?