Amend Record of Landing

Every person who arrives in Canada as a new permanent resident receives a Landing Document. The look and name of the landing paper has changed many times – you know it as either a Record of Landing or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence – but it has always shown your name, date of birth, and the date you landed in Canada as a permanent resident.

Unfortunately, errors happen. Sometimes an error is made in transcribing information from your documents to the Record of Landing. Typos on your IDs and other documentation are recorded as if they were the actual information.

This is a problem because your landing paper is used as the basis for the information on your PR Card. If you were not born in Canada, your landing paper is required by Service Canada to get your Old Age Pension (OAS) when you retire. The landing paper is a requirement for your OAS application because the date of your landing in Canada as a permanent resident is used to calculate this pension and you need to demonstrate that you have lived in Canada for 10 years minimum in order to be eligible for OAS.

To fix this problem, click the “download” button to complete the forms and apply for your amended landing document (Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence).


  • Amended Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Application reviewed for eligibility and filed with IRCC (formerly CIC)
  • Supervision by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC)

Starting at:

Includes IMMIgroup fee, HST, Government fee, Courier fees

Follow the simple 6-step process to amend your Record of Landing/COPR/Landing Paper

  1. Download the amendment application
    Please complete the order form and application forms included in the package. Please be sure to include your telephone number and email address where our office can contact you.
  2. Email or Fax in your application
    Scan your application form and documents and email everything for review to Alternatively, ax all forms and documents in the document checklist to our office for at 416-640-2650.
  3. Immigroup Will Contact You
    One of our VOS experts will contact you within 1-2 business days regarding your application. After 2 business days, if you have not been contacted, please reach out to our office at 1-866-760-2623 to confirm we have received your application form and documents.
  4. Submit Your Original Documents
    After we have reviewed your VOS forms and documents, we will tell you to send the original forms and copies of documents to our office at 57 Westchester Drive, London, Ontario, N6G 2K6
  5. Receive your VOS
    Immigroup will let you know when a decision on your request to amend your landing document has been received.
    If your request was approved, you will receive a Verification of Status (VOS) document which will indicate that the change you requested was made in Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada’s system. This VOS document is just as valid as your old landing paper.
  6. Leave a Review
    Tell others about how easy it is to amend your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or COPR with IMMIgroup.

Timeline: How long does it take to amend your landing document?

6 Months
Amending your landing paper normally takes six months.
Urgent Processing
However, if you have a notice from Service Canada saying you need your landing document for your Old Age Security, you can get your amendment sooner than six months.

Why You Need a correct landing paper (IMM 1000/COPR aka VOS)

What You Cannot Use Your Verification of Status For

  • Whether or not your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Verification of Status (VOS) has your correct details on it, it is not acceptable as an ID.
  • You will need proper photo identification when dealing with most federal, provincial and municipal government agencies, including applying for a driver’s license or health card.
  • For example, you need your passport, rather than just your VOS, to apply for a new PR Card.
  • Another example: usually, you cannot use your VOS as your primary ID to apply for a Health Card.

What You Can Use Your Verification of Status For

  • Your landing paper or Verification of Status (VOS) is required to process your OAS application as Service Canada needs to verify your date of landing in Canada. In order for you to use your landing paper or VOS to get your OAS, the document must match your other identification documents such as your Citizenship Certificate or PR Card, your passport, and your driver’s license or health card.
  • You must submit your corrected landing paper (Verification of Status) as part of your application for Canadian Citizenship. You will not be able to become a Canadian citizen if IRCC’s records do not reflect the identification you provide.
  • You can use your corrected landing paper (VOS) as a supplementary ID for your PR Card Renewal/Replacement application.

Common questions

  • What is a landing paper?
    A landing paper is proof of your landing in Canada. It was known as a Record of Landing (IMM 1000) until 2002. Since then, it is known as a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), though your COPR must indicate that you landed in Canada. (If you never landed in Canada, your COPR is not a landing paper.) The landing paper is used to help verify your eligibility for Canadian Citizenship and it is also used to prove your residence in Canada for Old Age Security (OAS).
  • There is an error on my Record of Landing/COPR. What do I do?
    If there is a mistake on your landing paper, you can get the record amended so that it accurately depicts who you are. If the mistake was made by IRCC, then you can get this fixed free of charge. However, if the mistake was on one of your documents from your home country when you landed, you will have to make sure your identity documents are correct first and then you will have to pay for IRCC to make the change and issue a corrected Verification of Status.
  • Why can’t I get a new Record of Landing/COPR?
    IRCC stopped issuing new landing documents. Instead, IRCC issues an electronic document known as a Verification of Status, which is accepted by all levels of government in Canada. Not only is it just as valid as your old landing document, but you can now replace it if you ever lose the hard copy.

Why choose us?

  • We have filed more than 500 Landing Paper/Record of Landing/Confirmation of Permanent Residence amendment applications.
  • Immigroup’s VOS experts have handled every conceivable type of issue with these amendment applications, and know exactly what differentiates a successful application from one that will be rejected or abandoned.

Apply to Amend Your IMM 1000

Fix Your Record of Landing.

We’ll review your application for eligibility and accuracy and file it with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC).

Download Now