Does My IMM 1000 COPR Expire?

Does Your Landing Paper Expire?

If you have not yet landed in Canada, your Permanent Resident visa does indeed expire. This website provides information for people who have already landed in Canada. Please see information on landing in Canada for more.

Landing papers cannot expire once you’ve landed in Canada. Whether you have an IMM 1000 Record of Landing, a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or a document issued before the existence of IMM 1000s, these documents do not have an expiry date. Your landing paper is a record of your landing in Canada; it cannot have an expiry date.

On the other hand, your PR Card expires every 5 years.

Also, you can lose your Canadian PR status, but this is not the same thing as your landing paper expiring.

Do I Ever Have to Replace My Landing Paper?

Yes, you may to replace your Record of Landing or Confirmation Of Permanent Residence if it is lost, stolen or if it is somehow illegible, either through age or damage.

If that is the case, you need to apply for a Verification of Status (VOS), which serves as a replacement document and you can use it for anything you would need your landing paper for.

How Do I Use My Record of Landing/COPR to Apply for OAS?

This site contains everything you need to know about your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence. More Frequently Asked Questions.

Apply to Replace Your IMM 1000

Prove Your Status in Canada.

We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness and file it with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Ask your question here

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Phone (required)


    Your Message