Stolen IMM 1000


Fast, Easy with Support…

Replace Stolen Landing Paper

To replace a stolen Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), you must complete the same application as if you were replacing a lost landing paper. You can learn more about how to replace your lost landing paper here.

The one crucial difference is that you should report your stolen document both to your local police and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada) at 1-888-242-2100.


How to Report Your Stolen Landing Paper to the Police

You should only report your Record of Landing or COPR as stolen if you know it was stolen. If you are not sure, you should indicate the document as lost on the form.

To report it as stolen, contact your local police and file a police report. How you file the report – for example, whether or not you can file it online – will depend upon which police agency or department you need to contact.

In Canada there are four types of police – local, regional, provincial and the RCMP (national police) – but who is responsible for your community depends upon provincial laws: some communities are served by local or regional police departments (such as Toronto Police Services in Toronto or Peel Regional Police in Peel Region), some communities are served by the provincial agency and some are served by the RCMP (in cases where there is no provincial police force).

Whichever agency you report it stolen to, be sure to get the police report number.


Notify IRCC of your Stolen Record of Landing or COPR

First, call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and report your landing paper stolen. Make sure you have as much information about yourself and your document as possible, including your names at landing, your date of birth and, if possible, your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and the document number.

Then, make sure you complete Question 5 of Part B of the Verification of Status application form. You will need to indicate that the document was stolen, and you have to explain when and how. Include the police report number than part of your answer.

To see how to complete the IRCC application form, please click one of the links below:

Have a question?